Immigration compliance audit – how exposed are you?
Undertaking compliance/risk audit will help quantify and address your immediate, medium term and longer term risk exposure. It is a good place for us to start working with you.
When was the last time you had an immigration compliance audit?
We offer a full immigration and compliance audit for a one-off cost.
Fines for non compliance range from $10,000 to $50,000 for each instance of illegal employment, to $100,000 for the provision of legal advice by an HR manager without lawful authority to do so.
The service will include written recommendations tailored to your business to help address minimum compliance and best practice standards. This will allow your business to understand your risk/compliance exposure in an informed way, and from there will allow you to decide what you wish to do to mitigate the risk(s) identified by the audit.
Where are you at?
Getting us to complete a compliance audit is a good first step to benchmark. It will give you an understanding of where you are at.
The focus of the Audit would be to review your compliance across these HR/Payroll areas:
- Checking for and maintaining right to work (due diligence)
- Providing immigration advice
- Storage of information
- Tracking changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Tracking expiry dates (visas and passports)
The Audit would (generally) follow this staged process/scope:
- Completion of initial Audit Questionnaire and provision of existing company documentation across the compliance areas for review
- On site review of systems and management interviews (typically spanning one business day)
- Drafting and provision of initial report and recommendations for comment
- Meeting to discuss draft report and recommendations
Issue of final report
The process from start to finish generally takes 10-15 working days.
The Audit will clearly identify your exposure to risk, and what you need to do about it to mitigate or resolve that risk.